SECURE MODULE SUPPLIERS
Upgrading of Secure Modules (SMs) to cater for the rollover bit as well as the handling of multiple base dates has been completed. It is the responsibility of the SM supplier to communicate with their customers to inform them of the requirement to upgrade their SMs.
All SMs that do not support the STS Edition 2 must be upgraded, this includes the TSM210, TSM250, TSM410 and TSM500 models.
1.2.2 Checklist of actions required
- Upgrade SM to cater for rollover bit and multiple base dates - this has been completed;
- Test SM - initialization, key-loading, and new firmware functionality to STS600-4-2 specification - this has been completed;
- Certify SM to CTS spec for STS600-4-2 (STS531-8-2) - this has been completed;
- Field test SM - code at KMC and test tokens with live keys - this has been completed;
- Deploy upgraded SM to the field - this has started.